Some Important Questions of BLI 221: LIBRARY, INFORMATION AND SOCIETY
Some important question of BLI-221 :
LIBRARY, INFORMATION AND SOCIETY
1. Define a public library. Discuss in detail the role of public libraries in knowledge society.
2. Enumerate five laws of library science. Discuss the implications of the first law.
3. Make a comparative study of Karnataka and Kerala Public Libraries Act.
4. State the objectives of resource sharing. Describe various issues involved in its implementation.
5. What do you mean by professional ethics ?
Discuss the issues and problems in developing code of ethics for librarians.
6. Discuss the role of UNESCO in promoting library and information activities in India.
7. Cultural perception of information society.
8. Virtual libraries
9. Right to information act
10. Need for library legislation
11. Objectives of DELNET
12. Types of library and information networks
13. LIS as a profession
14. RRRLF Digital Library Initiative
15. Enumerate the different types of libraries.
Discuss the functions and services of any two
16. List the States in which library legislation has been passed yearwise. Discuss the provisions of Kerala State Public Libraries Act, 1989.
17. Define a library and information network.
Discuss its objectives and characteristics.
18. State the characteristics of a profession. Discuss the contradicting views of authors justifying LIS as a profession and not a profession.
19. Describe the characteristics of a modern society and the role of libraries in it.
20. What do you understand by
de-institutionalisation of information services ?
Discuss the provision of information services in de-institutionalised mode.
21. Explain the need and components of library legislation.
22. Explain the Right To Information (RTI) Act,
2005. Discuss its utility in libraries.
23. What is resource sharing ? Discuss its need and evolution.
24. State the activities of a library and information network. Describe any three activities.
25. Discuss the transformation of a librarian from a custodian of books to a digital librarian.
26. What are the objectives of a library association ? Discuss the programmes and activities performed to achieve these objectives.
27. Economic perception of an information society
28. Role of public libraries in a knowledge society
29. Activities and products of an information
30. Main features of Maharashtra Public Libraries Act, 1967
31. Provisions of Human Resources in library acts in India
32. Activities and services of INFLIBNET
33. ‘Question Point’, a cooperative virtual reference service provided by OCLC
34. Services and activities of China Academic
Library and Information System (CALIS)
35. Differentiate between an occupation, a vocation and a profession
36. ALA Code of Ethics