BLIE 228 Most Important Questions for TEE
BLIE 228 MOST IMPORTANT QUESTIONS
10 MARKS – 500 words
- What is selective dissemination of information (SDI) service? Explain the steps involved
in providing it.
- Define information analysis and synthesis. Describe the steps involved in it.
- Discuss the 7 P’s of marketing of services in the context of web marketing.
- What do you understand by subject approach in literature search? Explain steps involved
in it with examples
- What is an adhoc bibliography ? Discuss its functions and steps involved in its preparation.
- What is document delivery service ? Describe different types of document delivery service
- Describe some popular web-based services.
- What do you understand by referral service ? Explain its need and the tools required for
- What is Newspaper Clipping Service? Enumerate its types and describe the steps in
organizing the service.
- What is Machine Translation (MT)? Describe different techniques of MT systems.
- Describe the features of social networking websites. Discuss how Web 2.0 features can be
used in libraries.
5 MARKS -250 WORDS
- Differentiate between a single source digest and a multiple source digest. List the
components of a digest.
- Describe how you would organize a newspaper clipping service.
- What is consolidated information? Describe the process of information consolidation.
- Explain the concepts of packaging and repackaging of information.
- Enumerate different web-based information sharing services. Describe any two of these
- Describe the guidelines for the effective presentation and layout of a technical digest.
- Explain e-marketing.
- What is an abstract? Describe its types with features.
- Differentiate between trend reports and technical digests.
- Describe the procedure for compilation of a bibliography following author approach.